Music of the City


For my final project in my documentary photography class, I chose to explore the concept of music throughout both the urban and rural areas of downtown Athens. Here are some of my favorite images and my corresponding thoughts from my ventures in the city...


  
In these two images (below), I attempted to display the importance of listening to music on portable devices like phones, and how people use their headphones to escape from the noise and chaos as they travel from place to place- whether that be on the bus, the metro, or walking around by foot. 



I wanted to portray the significance of music through the street art and graffiti strewn across the city on many of the buildings, which is what the following 3 images convey. 

 


Street performers are also a significant part of the city life found in Athens- it was common to find someone playing the guitar (or some random, weird looking instrument that I don't even know the name of) in many of the urban areas here. Evidently, music is an important aspect of life in Athens, and it was my goal that my images express this meaning throughout my general concept. 

 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Meteora

The Cats of Kefalonia

Decease in Greece