The Condition of Greek Air


Despite the sun's unrelenting heat during the summer season here in Greece, one might be surprised to discover the overall lack of air conditioning in most restaurants and shops throughout Greece. As a weathered Floridian, this aspect wasn't such a big deal for me- I've learned to deal with some pretty intense heat. Nonetheless, I found it very strange that many businesses seemed to overlook this commodity that many people would consider a necessary element of their comfort. 


After spending a little more time in the country, I found the lack of AC to be insignificant in almost every instance. As long as you can find some shade, the cool, consistent breeze in Greece will cool you down faster than you might expect! Even on the hottest, sunniest days, I have had no problem once I get some water and a little cover from the sun- sometimes I even get cold if I sit in the shade too long!

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

The Beauty of Meteora

The Cats of Kefalonia

Decease in Greece